Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Adious 2013, Hola 2014!

Are you guys excited? 2014 is approaching in a few hours time! And I'm so looking forward to it!

2013 has been a really interesting year for me as I have faced many ups and downs moments of my life. One of the main highlights was leaving my second home, Australia (Brissy, to be specific!). Up to this day, I still very much miss the life in Brissy. I love its laid-back style; everything seems to be very relaxed and easy-going, which really suits my personality, unlike Malaysia. I really dislike the lifestyle here in Malaysia, as it's fast-paced; people seem to be rushing all the time! Most importantly, I miss all the good people I met over there, you know who you are :) They are like family to me; always there for me and supporting me during my happiest and also darkest moments. I love you guys very much! It was really difficult for me to move back to Malaysia, I cried the whole journey back to Malaysia like literally (from the time I stepped into the airport shuttle bus in Brissy and to the time I landed and reached Malaysia safely). I had to go back as I was unemployed for nearly 5- 6 months since I graduated, I can't just waste precious time and money just by not doing anything! But Brissy, just letting you know that I'LL BE BACK, it's just a matter of time, wait for my return ;)!

Another highlight of the year was I got my very first job. It was really scary at first because I didn't know what to expect! I always hear some of my friends complaining about their work, colleagues, and always going back home very late at night, whereas there are some friends that very much love their job and enjoy working! Thank goodness, for me, it turned out to be great! I love my job, my colleagues are amazing and I have very supporting supervisors, who are always there for us whenever we needed help! And I really learned a lot from working. Besides, having a job made me feel more independent than before! It was really exciting when I got my first pay, I was able to support myself by buying things with my own money, giving my parents money so that they could pay the bills, very satisfying! 

I hope 2014 will be a good year. Yiks, that reminds me, I will need to start setting some goals! I want to improve myself in terms of my attitude, and learning new skills, AND to make life more interesting! :) Anyway, *hold wine glass up high*, here's to the new year! I wish everyone happiness, good wealth and also good health! 

Happy new year!

Flo

No comments:

Post a Comment